The Ionic Wind Network Client / Server Library is a library of IWBasic commands used to create server and client programs that can communicate with other client and server programs across any TCP/IP network such as the Internet or a private network.
- Can be used to create both clients and servers.
- Supports challenge/response authentication.
- Sends a Windows message when a connection is ready to accept.
- Sends a Windows message when incoming data is ready to be read.
- Servers can handle multiple connections concurrently.
- Can specify the maximum number of connections that a server will accept.
- Allows multiple servers and clients to run simultaneously.
- Uses a virtual socket design.
- Up to 1024 concurrent connections per server.
- Servers can monitor up to 8 ports concurrently.
- Royalty free use for commercial applications.
- Can be used from Window mode or Console mode programs.
- Is fully thread safe.
- Supports Windows 9x, XP,NT and Vista .
- Completely stand-alone. Makes calls to core Windows API functions only.
- Fully integrates with IWBasic / EBasic as a command library.